Touchdown in the Bush for a Luxury Safari Experience
How can we offer charter flights in South Africa without including a visit to the bush? We believe that an unforgettable luxury safari starts on your journey to your destination. That’s why we help you skip the bumpy car ride to your destination by taking you straight to the lodge in true VIP fashion. We also give you a sneak peek of what new horizons await you by giving you a safari viewing experience from the sky.
Bush Safari from the Sky: What You Need to Know
- The unique nature of flying into the bush means that there may be an opportunity to see and experience more before arriving at your lodge.
- A point-to-point shuttle service means that you will ideally experience a maximum of two stops before reaching your final destination. This depends on our route plan for the day and what the lodge you are visiting will allow in terms of aircraft size.
- We place our guests’ safety above all other concerns. Our 20 years of experience helps us ensure that our guests always enjoy a smooth‚ comfortable transfer to their final destination.
- We work with a departure window as opposed to a strict departure time. Flight departures and arrivals can therefore vary. Our route structure constantly changes due to variations in the daily inbound or outbound activity of each lodge. Therefore‚ this means that we will never know our exact routing until the day before arrival or departure. It also means that we can be more flexible in accommodating passengers who experience delays on their inbound flights.
- Our aircraft can be delayed due to animals obstructing the runway‚ especially during winter when the animals head to the airstrips for warmth. When animals are present‚ we coerce them off the airstrip to allow for a safe landing or take-off. However‚ this is in no way dangerous‚ and our crew are well-trained to handle these types of scenarios.
- Johannesburg’s OR Tambo International Airport is one of the busiest airports in the Southern Hemisphere. As such‚ we often incur Air Traffic Control delays due to aircraft congestion.
Please note that operating in the bush airstrips presents different challenges to a more conventional airport‚ and the flights are susceptible to unique situations that do not affect conventional services.