Our facilities include a swift baggage check in counter. We kindly request that out guests adhere to our rules and regulations regarding baggage limitations. Due to the nature of charter and shuttle flight services, our aircraft are smaller than typical airliners and therefore have much smaller luggage holds.
All passengers travelling on our Federal Airlines shuttle flights are entitled to one free piece of checked luggage and one small carry on item. Please see below details for checked in bags:
TYPE OF BAG
Due to the nature of the environment in which we operate, our aircraft are, generally speaking, smaller than a typical airliner. As a result, we have much smaller luggage holds which results in weight and size limitations. The Federal Airlines luggage specifications are as follows:
Our baggage restrictions are as follows:
- SOFT (all-sides) luggage/duffel bags with ONE flat side will be allowed;
- Maximum luggage weight is 20kg/44lbs (in the hold); luggage size is 40cm (16 inches) wide x 30cm (12 inches) high x 60cm (24 inches) long;
- Maximum hand luggage is 5kg/11lbs (1 soft piece allowed with ONE flat side only);
- We offer soft sided bags which can be purchased at our lounge at an additional cost.
- Should your luggage exceed the above limitations, we will NOT BE ABLE to load it. We do provide a COMPLIMENTARY LUGGAGE STORING FACILITY (provided guests are booked on a return basis). Excess luggage remains the responsibility of the affected passenger at all times.
- Oversized luggage CANNOT be carried on your lap. Your safety is our first priority and unsecured objects inside the cabin are hazardous.
- EXCESS/ADDITIONAL LUGGAGE: At times, due to an aircraft’s constraints, excess luggage and overweight luggage is problematic. Therefore any excess luggage over 20kgs needs to be pre-booked and pre-advised. We might not always be able to assist should excess luggage not have been pre-booked.
- For less than 10kg extra luggage, there will be an R800 surcharge, this is subject to aircraft operational payload availability.
- Should any passenger require more than 10kg extra luggage, we would allocate a “freight seat” for R2,000. This will allow for an additional 40kg luggage capacity.
- For flight safety and operational reasons, all additional freight allowances always remains subject to availability.
- It remains the responsibility of the booking agent to inform their client of Federal Airlines’ baggage policy.