Everything You Need to Know About Our Baggage Restrictions
Everything you need to know about Federal Air South Africa luggage and packing for your trip with us in our aircraft.
Federal Air South Africa Luggage Check-In Counter
Our facilities include a swift baggage check-in counter. We kindly request that our guests adhere to our rules and regulations regarding baggage limitations. Due to the nature of charter and shuttle flight services‚ our aircraft are smaller than typical airliners and therefore have much smaller luggage capacity. All passengers travelling on our Federal Airlines shuttle flights are entitled to one free piece of checked luggage and one small carry on item. Please see below details for checked-in bags.
Type of Bags
Due to the nature of the environment in which we operate‚ our aircraft are generally smaller than a typical airliner. As a result‚ we have a much smaller luggage holding capacity‚ resulting in weight and size limitations.
Our Federal Air South Africa Luggage Restrictions
- SOFT (all-sides) luggage/duffel bags with ONE flat side will be allowed;
- Maximum luggage weight is 20kg/44lbs (in the hold); luggage size is 40cm (16 inches) wide x 30cm (12 inches) high x 60cm (24 inches) long;
- Maximum hand luggage is 5kg/11lbs (1 soft piece allowed with ONE flat side only);
- We offer soft-sided bags which can be purchased at our lounge at an additional cost.
- Should your luggage exceed the above limitations‚ we will NOT BE ABLE to load it. We do provide a COMPLIMENTARY LUGGAGE STORING FACILITY (provided you have booked on a return basis). Excess luggage remains the responsibility of the affected passenger at all times.
- You cannot carry oversized luggage CANNOT on your lap. Your safety is our priority‚ and unsecured objects inside the cabin are hazardous.
- EXCESS/ADDITIONAL LUGGAGE: At times‚ due to an aircraft's constraints‚ excess luggage and overweight luggage is problematic. Therefore any excess luggage over 20kgs needs to be pre-booked and pre-advised. We might not always be able to assist should excess luggage not have been pre-booked.
- For less than 10kg extra luggage‚ there will be an R800 surcharge‚ and this is subject to aircraft operational payload availability.
- Should any passenger require more than 10kg extra luggage‚ we would allocate a "freight seat" for R2‚000. This will allow for an additional 40kg luggage capacity.
- For flight safety and operational reasons‚ all additional freight allowances always remain subject to availability.
- It remains the responsibility of the booking agent to inform their client of Federal Airlines' baggage policy.